Weekends aren't for getting ahead . .
. . they're just for getting barely caught up.
This is one thing Michel and I have definitely come to realise since becoming parents. In the time before Margo (TBM), weekends were for socializing, relaxing, tackling little projects around the house. Now if we can keep on top of things, to the bare minimum, I'm pretty stoked. Case in point, as I was typing this I remembered that I had agreed to put out a donation of used clothes and unwanted household goods for the Cerebral Palsy Association by 8 am tomorrow. Seemed like a good idea when the phone rang 6 minutes after we returned from our trip out West. That was nearly a week ago and while they did call to remind us, it's super easy to let these things slide.
It's done now but it just illustrates my point well - these sorts of little projects fall so easily by the wayside and life becomes much more elemental now that Margo is in town.
At the same time, however, that you're struggling to get dinner on the table, get the bathroom cleaned, or pick up in the living room, having a baby around allows you to look at
the world from a fresh perspective. Sometimes, that perspective is peering over the edge of Grandma's couch. So be it. The point is you laugh more, slow down more, and that's pretty great.
the world from a fresh perspective. Sometimes, that perspective is peering over the edge of Grandma's couch. So be it. The point is you laugh more, slow down more, and that's pretty great. Speaking of slowing down though, I think I've just sped up Margo's and my schedule for the New Year. By next week all our new activities will be in full swing, and so we'll be: singing and playing at MotherGoose on Tuesdays, doing some yoga on Thursdays, and attending our new playgroup on Fridays. Once we get our new stroller we're going to check out Strollercise, too, a free exercise class offered at Boomerang Kids, a great local kids consignment shop.
And with these busy thoughts running through my head, I better head to bed to join Margo and catch some zzzs to prepare for what's shaping up to be a very busy week.
- Donna
Labels: Activities, Parenting
10:13 p.m.Kids will keep you busy but they will also keep you young. As long as you have your priorities right, you can't go wrong. Clean homes, hot meals and cold martinis are so highly overrated.
Having said that, I am now suddenly hungry, and a mouth quenching thirst. Later....
And welcome home.
12:25 a.m.
Yes, Donna, what you said brings back memories, after going through with that 5 times.
Actually, by the 4th time I had help from the older ones.
It was all worth it. Love you all.
12:27 a.m.
Yes, Donna, what you said brings back memories, after going through with that 5 times.
Actually, by the 4th time I had help from the older ones.
It was all worth it. Love you all.
7:11 p.m.
What a joy to read about you and Margo. She seems like a great joy to you and you are very devoted parents. This great.great,aunt Shirley in WET!! BC and cold too
» Post a Comment