<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttps://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

A few weeks with Ms. Margo

Margo's daycare has been closed for the past two weeks, and will remain so until Tuesday. I've been home with Margo for this time, with Papa Michel joining us for the latter half.

I have to admit, much to my chagrin, that I was more than a little worried about my ability to stimulate, entertain, and keep up with an active girl such as Margo. Kids seems to thrive on routine, and we were about to throw a major wrench in hers. I was pleasantly surprised that it was FUN. We spent many many hours at the park, and got to know some families in the neighbourhood. We went to the agricultural museum, the Children's Museum, took Margo swimming, read lots of books, took walks, spent a lot of time drawing Mike from Monsters Inc. (more on that one in another post) and did puzzles. We only watched a little TV.


Margo has been generally pretty happy. She is loving doing things by herself and loves to say "I did it" (perhaps Papa Michel could upload a little video of her proudly showing a tower of blocks she built, but for now, a still shot will have to do). Michel has kindly highlighted her brilliant tower in this pic. I read in one of my development books that by age 23 months, toddlers should be able to build a tower of 4 blocks. Way to smash that developmental milestone, Margo! That's right, give yourself a round of applause.

As you can tell from this photo, Margo continues to stretch upwards. She's easily three feet tall now, and seeing her around other kids her age surprises me. Today, we were at a three year old's birthday, and Margo was considerably taller than her. I will be looking up at her in no time (a mere 2 feet 6 inches ought to do it).

In other non-Margo news, today marks "full-term" in my pregnancy. Any day now . . but with a due date 3 weeks from now, I'm hoping we still have some time left. The midwives weren't convinced girl #2 was head down yet, and not wanting to be surprised by a breach presentation in labour, an ultrasound was set up to determine baby's position. Gravity has won out, and her big ol' head is indeed pointing down to the light. That's great news, and I will be spending as much time in the next few weeks on my hands and knees to try and ensure she is NOT posterior (the technician was not clear about HOW the baby was positioned other than that she was head down and our midwives seem to think she's posterior.) Margo was too, so I was a floor scrubbing, garden weeding fiend in the weeks leading up to her birth. From what I hear, back labour, which happens when the baby is facing out and not in as they should, can make for pretty tough labour, and anything I can do to make it easier on myself is a good plan.

The baby looked good on the ultrasound, and gave us a beautiful leisurely yawn in profile. She doesn't seem to be as well coiffed as Margo was at this point, and seems to be measuring a bit smaller. Measurements suggest that she's weighing about 6.5 lbs now, and so should weigh around 8 lbs at birth. Anyone want to bet on this? Margo was estimated to be 8 lbs at 38 weeks, which should have put her close to 9 for birth, and she was not quite 8.5, so these things aren't totally accurate. A slightly smaller baby wouldn't be such a bad thing, in my opinion. Plenty of time to fatten her up once she's on the outside of my body.

2 more days at home with Margo, then it's back to work for me for 4 days. I'll be taking a few sick days before starting my maternity leave, officially, on August 25th. I've got a few pampering sessions planned in between my last day of work and due date, so here's hoping I get some time to enjoy them.

- Donna

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »