<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttps://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Goin' Bananas

For those of you who blog . . . ever sit down, type out half an entry, and then realize it's kinda garbagy, neither interesting, nor useful, not even newsy. . .I just did that . . and realised before posting. (Please don't judge what follows too harshly! It could be it's not much better! My one saving grace was that I was going to post a pretty picture of the not one, not two, not three, but FOUR varieties of banana bread I baked up yesterday in my heroic attempt to rid the freezer of frozen peeled bananas. . but blogger wouldn't let me upload the image. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but typepad was way easier. I see why it was $4.95 a month. Just saying. (Ok, third time is a charm - I was able to post it below!)

As most of you know, I am a major Cooking Light devotee. In September 2003 they released an issue with the most delicious looking banana bread on the cover, and included a series of recipes for the most famous of quick loaves. I've almost tried all of them, and the four that I baked up yesterday turned out deliciously: (as shown below) Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze (my all time favourite and pretty standard bakeable around here), Chocolate Marble Banana Bread, Cardamom Pistachio Banana Bread, and Orange Nut Banana Bread. They've all been sliced up, wrapped up, and are in a giant tupperware container in the freezer, just awaiting company! Ask for banana bread when you visit me = please!!

Only 4 sleeps until Margo is due . . .but no real sign she's coming on time. Ah well . . I'm getting used to this not working thing and even beginning to enjoy myself. It helps that I have had visits from friends with babies the last 3 of four days ... lets me see what we're about to get into, and helps get me in the mood. So far I haven't decided that this wasn't a good idea (thanks friends with great children!). It's not that I'm not eager . . .truth be told I'm imagining early labour symptoms every which way I turn - but so far I'm pretty sure I'm simply imagining these symptoms and I guess it will happen when it happens. Remind me of that when I get whiny by her due date, ok?

Midwife's appointment tomorrow - I'm hoping that Stephanie will tell me that Margo has dropped - I'm not noticing that my shape looks different, but I am feeling some pressure when I walk so here's hoping . . .

xoxo
Donna
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment