Not a lot to write about
So why am I writing, one might ask? Mainly because I want to post this cute as a button photo I snapped yesterday, of Margo in the lovely hand knit sweater, made lovingly by my parents' across the street neighbour, Grandma Teen, who is sweet as a peach and is in her 80s. Doesn't Margo look like she's ready to lace up her sneaks and head on over to the park to play? Sometimes I look at her and see the kid inside that's just beyond the baby she is today. Other times, I see the teenager.
Margo seems to have developed a stubborn streak. Already. That doesn't seem fair, but she will definitely let you know when she doesn't like something. Lately, that something has been simply lying down on her back. When put in that position for a diaper change, for instance, she can get MAD. I look at the cute little face above, and I wonder how she can ever look as mad as she does. She also will object strongly if she is playing with something and it gets taken from her for some reason (usually for safety reasons-she likes to eat paper but I'm not so sure those 2 teeth can chew -but sometimes, as in the case of the tv remote, I take it from her because she's using it and flicking through channels faster than my eyes can blink). When objecting, she likes to arch her back and straighten her legs and YELL. It usually doesn't last long and generally she can be distracted, but I'm not sure I'm liking this independent streak just yet. After one particularly diffucult diaper change I believe I came into the study and said to Michel these fine words. "Her anger gives her strength." He laughed pretty hard at me. After all it is a baby we're talking about! How much strength can a 17ish pound body possibly exude? A fair amount, it would seem.
- Donna
9:35 p.m.Oh, no! Not my Margo. I mean...look at her. Just because her id comes out of nowhere in spiralling spit, snarl and venom, doesn't mean she has become possessed or that she has ordered a horse's head to be placed on her mother's bed. It just seems that way.
I have seen her, "I mean it," frown look when she was raising it with Elmo. I don't know what he did, but she was clearly not having it. I urge you, post that photo. It's the cutest.
Too funny! And not! Sorry Moms.
8:14 a.m.
That is possibly the sweetest Margo photo EVER!! I do agree - you can see the little girl in her shining through.
And the fun is just beginning... just wait!
10:47 p.m.
your daughter - with her really pink sweater, and let's face it, her bangs - looks so effing cute in this photo it actually borders on the absurd. stop it already.
6:35 p.m.
Ha,Ha, Donna, this little pink cutie is trying you out already!!!!!
Do you think that she will be a doer in her later years?
» Post a Comment