<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttps://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Babies don't know Jack about Daylight Savings Time

Oh, it's true. I'd seen the half joking, half serious pleas on some other parenty blogs, where parents beseeched their children to get with the daylight savings program, and sleep a little longer this past weekend, but the fact of the matter is: kids don't care. They don't care that before they graced us with their presence, falling back with the end of daylight savings meant that we gained a glorious hour to sleep in.

I admit that there were times, as a wayward youth (I'm exagerating a lot), I enjoyed the extra hour so much that I have even been known to pose the question, in all seriousness, to the bouncer at my watering hole of choice "does this mean last call comes an hour later?" No, it does not mean that last call comes later.

When you're a parent, it also does not mean that you get an extra hour of sleep (my, my, how priorities change over the years). In Margo's case, though, the time change has worked wonders. Instead of staying up until 11 last night, Margo fell asleep at 10pm, and although she woke up a few more times over the course of the night than she has been, she slept until 8 am, which is perfect. And she's pretty cheery these days, too. The mobile still holds much interest, as evidenced in this shot:


If she keeps this schedule, maybe I'll have a hope of getting to more Mommy and Me things (which all seem to be before noon). I'll bet you just can't wait for the colour commentary.

- Donna
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12:42 a.m. Blogger Tatij said…


Oh,,,my...god! I just saw Valerie as a baby in this photo. Or at least, at this angle.

I can't remember if Val observed DST or not at that age. Like I cared. I was six years old at the time with bigger fish to fry. Mom told me I would know where babies came from when I turned nine. I tried hard to grow up fast. Now, I'm trying hard to reverse the aging process. Grass is always greener....or at least younger.    



» Post a Comment