<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttp://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Mama's Bringin' Home the Bacon, Child

Yeah, I know what Margo must be thinking now: sure, they bait me with the promise of 24/7 care with their Mother model, but then when that model is recalled, they claim that they don't have any left, and offer me the Father model instead; almost as good, and runs on a much wider variety of fuels.

Bastards. Classic bait & switch tactic.

Today is Donna first day back. Or rather, first day (period) at her new job. And my first day as the weekday parent.

Things have gone alright so far. The weather is hot - 34 with the humidity, and supposed to get even hotter tomorrow. She's been good with the heat so far. And with me. She ate well and behaved herself in the car. I think a saving grace for me is that we turned her car seat to be forward-facing now and adjusted her straps, so she's a lot happier with the new view.

Mama's home soon. Soon-ish. I know that she really wants to hear that Margo longed for her. Well, she did, but still behaved for me. And I know that Mama wants to hear me say that I took all she did during the day for granted these past 10 months. I guess I did. Donna's been gone 7 hours, and already the floor is so covered that I just have to take it for granted that it's there, and my lunchtime meal consisted of leftovers and jelly beans, and godwilling, tomorrow's meal will be jelly bean leftovers and weiners, with only a 60% chance that they'll be thawed. And all these strangers keep calling during the day, so I just give them whatever credit card numbers they ask for.

She does a lot. She deserves a vacation, like the one you get by going to an air conditioned workplace with other adults who don't talk about the status of baby bowel movements.

I sent Donna a photo of Margo from this morning to remind her of what she had to look forward to when she comes home. The pic was taken after a marathon session of what will surely soon become an Olympic event, Turn-Light-On-Turn-Light-Off.

(A little support from my sisters... doesn't she look like me as a baby?)

Anyway, I'm sure Donna would appreciate a little congratulatory or condolensces email if you have the time. After all, being part of the bureaucracy that helps to run this country isn't all peaches and cream.

The peaches are only on Thursdays. Ice cream is on Tuesdays.

- Michel
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »