T Minus Four Days, and Counting
As of Wednesday, August 1st, Donna goes back to work.
And Michel goes back to working harder.
We are allowed 12 months of parental leave between the two of us, and Donna has been asked to start her new job early, so I get to spend August with Margo LaDouce.
We've known for a while, and, crazy like a fox, I implemented my master plan months ago to delay her development juuuuust enough so that all the biggies will happen when I'm with her. First words, first steps, first time changing her own diaper.
That last one might be a pipe dream, but a dream nonetheless.
I'm nervous. Donna went away for a day-and-a-half a few weeks ago, and it went mostly okay, but I'm not used to being with her 24/7. Nervous but definitely looking forward to it. The gods must be okay with it too, because the City just replaced the play structure at the park across the street with what looks like the Kiddinator Ultimax Playplex 3000. This thing looks like the kids don't even have to do anything, the Kiddinator plays for them.
It's coming.
- Michel
And Michel goes back to working harder.
We are allowed 12 months of parental leave between the two of us, and Donna has been asked to start her new job early, so I get to spend August with Margo LaDouce.
We've known for a while, and, crazy like a fox, I implemented my master plan months ago to delay her development juuuuust enough so that all the biggies will happen when I'm with her. First words, first steps, first time changing her own diaper.
That last one might be a pipe dream, but a dream nonetheless.
I'm nervous. Donna went away for a day-and-a-half a few weeks ago, and it went mostly okay, but I'm not used to being with her 24/7. Nervous but definitely looking forward to it. The gods must be okay with it too, because the City just replaced the play structure at the park across the street with what looks like the Kiddinator Ultimax Playplex 3000. This thing looks like the kids don't even have to do anything, the Kiddinator plays for them.
It's coming.
- Michel

3:18 p.m.Ack. T-minus four days has become TOMORROW.
I'm gonna be ok. She's gonna be ok.
This has become my mantra.
11:12 p.m.
I'm a little late posting this comment, so you must know by now if things are going smoothly in the three departments, Margo's,Donna's and Michel's
I can't see, Donna,how you can concentrate on work,maybe by now you are getting use to it.
I bet that there is a happy reunion after work, like there is when papa came home.
To boot, there was that terrible heat.
Don't worry, be happy.
» Post a Comment