Mama and Papa's Quality of Life Just Got Better
Margo is, for all intensive purposes, toilet-trained.
The funny thing is that for all the failed attempts to get her to understand that going on a potty is the new norm, I think that it just had to be the right time for Margo. I would say that from the first time peeing in a potty, about five weeks past before she was accident free and wearing panties all the time.
This stage is neither early nor late at her age, but we're just dumbfounded at how quickly everything switched. A couple of weeks ago, we would her her running around upstairs during weekend naptimes. Turns out that she was constantly going peepee/caca in her potty, then transferring the contents to the toilet. I, personally, wish that she wouldn't do that, mostly because she doesn't realize that liquid, yellow or otherwise, will continue to go straight even when you turn a corner, but it's still impressive.
Ever the ham, the other thing that Margo has discovered with this development is that she gets a laugh from strangers when she announces her bathroom report in a crowded restaurant, market, whatever. "I MADE TWO CACAS, PAPA!!!" is usually followed by giggles from other tables, and a coy smile on Margo.
As often as not, Margo will wake up from an 11-hour sleep dry. The only times that her panties come back from daycare wet are when they accidentally get peed on because she's not properly on the toilet.
It's all good.
Well, except when she eats asparagus.
- Michel
The funny thing is that for all the failed attempts to get her to understand that going on a potty is the new norm, I think that it just had to be the right time for Margo. I would say that from the first time peeing in a potty, about five weeks past before she was accident free and wearing panties all the time.This stage is neither early nor late at her age, but we're just dumbfounded at how quickly everything switched. A couple of weeks ago, we would her her running around upstairs during weekend naptimes. Turns out that she was constantly going peepee/caca in her potty, then transferring the contents to the toilet. I, personally, wish that she wouldn't do that, mostly because she doesn't realize that liquid, yellow or otherwise, will continue to go straight even when you turn a corner, but it's still impressive.
Ever the ham, the other thing that Margo has discovered with this development is that she gets a laugh from strangers when she announces her bathroom report in a crowded restaurant, market, whatever. "I MADE TWO CACAS, PAPA!!!" is usually followed by giggles from other tables, and a coy smile on Margo.
As often as not, Margo will wake up from an 11-hour sleep dry. The only times that her panties come back from daycare wet are when they accidentally get peed on because she's not properly on the toilet.
It's all good.
Well, except when she eats asparagus.
- Michel
Labels: developments

9:45 a.m.This is so funny the way you put Papa.
But Bravo, Margo, you passed on one important test, now you will help Maude, to do the test.
When you are old enough to read this I wonder if you will scold Papa or Mama for putting pictures of you in your panties,on the blog, but being trained to go tothe toilet on your own is so important.
Love you Margo, Grandmaman
» Post a Comment