Margo the Magnificent, Escape Artist and Lover of Nature
A walk with Margo is no longer the cure for all things ailing her. Friday, after trying to get her to take a nap for an hour, I plopped her in the stroller, grabbed her sunhat and the camera, and struck out towards a spot along the canal I knew had many tulips in bloom in an attempt to get her to fall asleep. I also grabbed a magazine that had recently arrived in the mail as I was going to sit near a field of tulips waving in the gentle breeze while my daughter got some much needed rest.Sounds like a lovely morning outing. Pictureseque, tranquil, and soothing.
But alas, 'twas not to be.
Margo had other plans, which included: 1) crying most of the way there until I finally gave up on my intended destination and pulled off to get her out of the stroller to let her touch some trees; 2) crying most of the way back; 3) falling asleep 2 minutes from home only to wake up when I unlocked the front door; and perhaps most magnificently, 4) somehow houdini-ing out of her safety straps in her stroller so that she was kneeling on the foot rest. I only noticed the latter in time thanks to a couple who was starting at the stroller with weird expressions on their faces. (I would have preferred an "Excuse me, miss. Your baby has somehow escaped from her stroller and is precariously perched on the foot rest. She may fall onto the concrete and smash her skull open unless you decipher our inquisitive looks and act immediately." I think that was beyond their ability. At least the look did the trick.
So we're back to using all four straps and the safety bar when taking walks. I guess that's what they're there for, hey?The one shining light of the morning was that Margobelle did konk out for an hour or so once I put her in her crib at home. The walk was not all for naught, either. Margo was happy for the 15 minutes or so I let her touch some trees allowing me to snap a few good shots. Natural light rocks for photos.
- Donna

10:39 p.m.Those pictures are so cute.
She really likes the outside eh?
From the crying in the stroller to a great big smile in the picture,when she is standing on the ground.
Nanaiyu said" how come she is standing by the tree,is she walking>
7:52 a.m.
Nope, she's not walking yet, you can tell Nana. She's taking a few steps with the help of some furniture (or a tree) to guide her but she really likes standing up, and can get from standing to all fours really well by herself.
» Post a Comment