<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttp://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign


I almost forgot to write about a pretty big jump for Baby Girl Margo. She has been making, on-again-off-again, the sign for "milk" and coming towards Donna to feed. As far as I'm concerned, this is a really big step. She's still babbling and making bird noises, but is also able to communicate with us that she wants or needs something. That's great, Ma Fille, you're a gem.

We've been trying a few other signs, "eat" being the next most common. So far, she hasn't picked up any of the other ones. She's usually too excited at mealtime to consciously make the eating sign. The other signs that we're trying out are mother, father, more, play, sleep, and the more complex, that god-damned rabbit is chewing the buds off the saskatoon bushes we planted last year. That last one involves a lot of Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd motions, and air-drawing the contour of Saskatchewan and locating Saskatoon on the air-map.

There is another sign that she does often, though we didn't teach it to her specifically as a sign. She rotates her hand as though she's screwing in a lightbulb, a motion from a kid's song that Donna learned at Mother Goose. It seems like she has appropriated that sign to mean "play," or "I'm in a playful mood." From what signing books state, you don't have to use the proper signs for things, as long as your baby and you understand each other. So, I guess she's doing 2 signs.

Also, it appears that the assisted walking was more than a phase. She seems to be getting around with more stability and confidence than even yesterday, though still leaning on the coffee table. She will either make the leap to walking on her own, or we'll buy a 1000' long flexible coffee table so that she can walk around the house by herself.

- Michel

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:35 p.m. Blogger Tatij said…


Brains,tenacity, endurance, sheer brute force and a love of beans, I love this little woman. I'm so, so proud of you Margo.

OK stop it. I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.    



8:19 a.m. Blogger sweet rhubarb said…


My kids know a sign, too! It involves rolling their eyes back in their head and shifting their body weight back and forth from one foot to the other. Sometimes it includes a heavy sigh, too. They generally make this sign when I'm talking to them, so I think it means "Thanks, Mom, for sharing your wisdom." Fingers crossed, verbal communication is just around the corner!!!
And cruising around the coffee table, my little girl-wonder? D&M, better start thinking of hiding spots for the car keys now.    



11:02 p.m. Anonymous Anonymous said…


So many different expressions on that baby. I bet if you kept track she would have millions in one day.
I'm sure very soon,the word " mama" and " papa " will come out of her mouth.
I will work on that when I come!!!!!
I have a little song for her also.  
 



» Post a Comment