8 months old
You're 8 months old. Which means three months left of maternity leave for me.
But oh wait, this post is supposed to be about you.
But oh wait, this post is supposed to be about you.
Take 2. . .
Dear Maude,
You reached the amazing milestone of 8 months old yesterday. A little shocking really, how time gets away on me. I wanted to write a few words about the little person you are right now, so here goes:
- You love to laugh. You're a very smiley baby, except during dinner hour. You go to bed early (6:15!) and are kind of a crankstress between 5 and 6.
- You still wake several times in the night, but a quick nurse and you're sleeping again. I'm the president of the "learn to live with it" approach to nighttime wakings right now. We're all doing ok. You spend part of the night in the craft/computer room in a co-sleeper, and half in bed with us. We're making it work for now but have hopes of you sharing a room with your big sis soon.

- Which is a good thing, because you ADORE Margo. You light up when she's around, and now that you're somewhat mobile, you are having fun following her around as best as you can. The other night, you and she played catch (ok, not really since you have no interest or ability in this game, but Margo was paying attention to you so it was all good), and when it was time to go to bed, I told Margo that the game would have to continue another day, she said "Ok. (big sigh) I'll just play catch by myself. With nooooo sister." I think that she is loving you more and more every day and that makes my heart happy.
- You are not a terrific eater. You eat lots one day, and then barely anything the next. Your raging favourite remains sweet potato, although cheerios are a close second.
- We've stopped using cloth diapers due to an inabililty to keep on top of the dreaded diaper rash. Your baby bottom seems happier these days, and I'm storing my enviro guilt for another day.
- You love being carried in the ergo carrier, either on my front or my back. This has allowed us many walks, easy access into shops, and you're happy in there for a really long time so we rarely use the stroller any more.
- You're getting close to crawling! You had us convinced that you were going to be a bum scooter, but I have put those thoughts aside as I watched you this week - you won't stay seated for very long anymore and quickly flop onto your tummy, from which position you pull and push yourself around to get where you want to go. You can do quite the spin to change directions. This new skill has made you far more likely to sit on the floor and play(eat) toys.
All in all, things have been a lot more smooth with you lately, with more defined and longer naps, better mood and less needing to be held all the time. And you're cute. Man you're cute.
Love you always, you sweet and giggly girl. Like your sis, you're one dynamic ball of potential and I so look forward to being with you for years to come.
Love, Mama

2:18 p.m.Man, she's cute. With every posting, she becomes cuter and cuter. You can tell she's definitely developing into her own kind of person. Can't wait to meet her and her sister.
By the way, does she have her own nickname yet? Knowing her father, it can't be far away. Margo had two pending on which mood she was in. Marmon or La Douce. Seems Maude is two dimensional as well. Squeally and/or gurgly. Do tell - tj
6:23 p.m.
funnily,I'm not sure it depends on her mood, but we call her maudus and maudit. I think she's a more even kid than margo was, so it depends on our mood.
Maudit is . . unfortunate, but what are you going to do?
10:10 p.m.
I find that those monthly don't come very often but this creeped up on me.
Maude, you are such a gorgeous 8month old.
I love the picture of you and Margo cuddling and you seem to love it. Even Margo is pretty happy.
That is the way sibblin gs should always be.
What a lovely picture.
Papa and mama you can take credit for those beautiful girls.
Congratulations.
I can see that it is more interesting for Margo, now that Maude if moving around more.Keep it up girls. Love Grandmama
10:14 p.m.
I meant to say that I find that those monthly reports, don 't come very often but this one creeped up on me.Grandmaman
11:05 a.m.
8 months old was my favorite age. Too bad it's only a month long!
She's gorgeous!
» Post a Comment