6 months old (+)
Hiya Maude,

You're sitting up really well now, too, and have been for about two weeks. This makes life way easier since you don't miss anything that's going on, and you can be put down. You LOVE to watch your sister, particularly when she dances.
.JPG)
You still have just the two teeth, but we suspect the third and fourth and not far away. Your drool a fair bit, get a red bum and love to chew on everything. Our challenge this month is to get your on your tummy more often. You HATE it and only last a few minutes most days. You're pretty strong, but need to build those upper body muscles a bit more. You have lasted 30 minutes or so on your tummy during my yoga class, so I know you're capable, but I think there's so much stimulation there with all the other babies (many of them crawling) that you forget you're on your tummy.
We marked your first half birthday recently. Just like we did with Margo, we celebrated by moving you into your own room. Well, actually, since the plan is that you will share a room with your sister soon, you are sleeping in the craft room/office temporarily. You're sleeping better, with one wake-up around 11 or 12 for a quick nurse, and then back to sleep until 4ish, when you come into bed with Papa and I. It's a schedule I think I can live with. One night you even slept from 7 pm until 11:30 and from 11:45 until 6:10. That was great. Could you do that again sometime soon? Since you've been sleeping in your own space, for some reason you've also been taking more reliable morning naps. I am loving this!!
I can't believe that you are so old, and growing every day. I look at you and think "wow, that's one handsome baby". You are so smiley, and love to laugh. Even when you're really sad, if I do something that I know makes you giggle, (like say "Peek!" loudly) you smile through your tears. You can't help yourself. I love that about you.

You're sitting up really well now, too, and have been for about two weeks. This makes life way easier since you don't miss anything that's going on, and you can be put down. You LOVE to watch your sister, particularly when she dances.
You are a serious Mama's girl. You don't like it when I leave the room, and if someone else is holding you, and I'm around, you often whine for me. I love that you love me, but I hope that you get over this soon. Mama has to go to work in 5 months and this makes me worry.
Some days you have normal hair, and other days it looks like this. I'm really not sure what causes it to look any certain way.
You're sitting in the high chair now for meals, and are eating pretty well. Your favourite foods seem to be rice cereal, avocado, and today you tried blueberries for the first time and they went over very well. You've had beets (not a huge fan), peas (ditto), butternut squash (just ok), sweet potatoes (yummy), applesauce (ditto), barley (gave you the runs), carrots (good stuff) and papaya (big hit). Baby Mum mums, those rice rusk crackers, keep you busy while we eat our dinner, and so you often have some then.
It's been a ride, my lovey. Here's to many more updates in the future. I know your family who live away (wait, that's EVERYONE) doesn't feel like they know you that well due to our lack of updates, but there's time, and you're great, and they know that.
Big hugs big girl, xoxoxo Mama
12:22 p.m.Wow - can't believe that the time has past so fast yet I feel like she should be one by now! Funny how that happens, the time thing. In those first couple of photos does she ever look like your dad! Definitely is a Mandeville - lovely kiddo!
Sarah-Joy
12:32 p.m.
A baby smiling through their tears - I don't think there is anything so heartbreaking in all the world.
I'm really glad the room change is working out for her.
The last picture looks like she's saying "get me off my belly or you're gonna get a knuckle sandwich, lady."
3:36 p.m.
ha - I just noticed her little fist!!
6:33 p.m.
Know you or not, my little Chickadee, one day Tonton Adrian and Tatie Julie will get to know both you and your sister whom you seem to look up to already.
Perhaps that's because she's taller than you and you're on your tummy. Oh wait, you're not on you're tummy that often - yet.
Non-the-less, I know you have many changes up your sleeve in the next few 20 years or so and we are all looking forward to getting to hear all about it, Ducky.
That wild crazy hair will have several styles to master, and you will have a voice before too long to share you're opinions with. Oiye! And just wait until you show Margo a step or two. She thinks she can dance, H'uh?
Say hello to her and Mama and Papa for us and kiss them for us as soon as you learn to close your mouth when doing so. We don't start the open mouth kiss until, well,I'm not going to tell you now. Papa will freak and Mama won't like it either.
Love you madly and more and more each day. Happy 6th month anniversary, little Kachubah.
11:21 a.m.
You certainly have a look of your own little girl,although in the second picture I think that I saw Margo with that kind of hair,but that's the hair.
I love it when mama or papa send these write ups and pictures,I get to know you a little better.
Time goes by alright,you are sitting up so good and mama's right, that must be better for you to see more.I hope to see more pictures of you in your chair or with your family. Love you, Grandmaman
» Post a Comment