
Christmas morning, Margo slept in, and we all appreciated it. The regular morning routine played out, with Margo using the potty and getting her Minous out of bed. Then we mentioned that maybe Santa came to our house, and down she trotted to discover cookie crumbs and the nubbin of carrot Rudolph left. She didn't immediately notice the present Santa had left her, but once she did, it was opened in a hurry. Immeditely Margo wanted to enjoy the books Santa had brought.

We had to urge her to look into her stocking. After the first few gifts she began to understand how this worked. Margo had a hoot (pun intended) opening up all her presents, several of which featured owls. A big owl for her room from Papa, an outfit and matching barrette from Mama, pajamas from Tati Pati. Margo had to try on each article of clothing when it was opened, resulting in some very good outfits. This one features leggings to match her new owl shirt accompanied by socks and shirt belonging to the owl pajama set.
Maude pretty much just watched Margo open up all her presents. I hope Margo enjoyed carrying out this important role as I'm pretty sure it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Here is a shot of Margo putting Maude's door sign together for her. Man that girl can spell. Ok, we may have helped.
A nice breakfast was followed by a 45 minute walk around the block for some fresh air. The thaw freeze cycle enjoyed in Ottawa meant that the neighbourhood was essentially a skating rink.

Margo fell about 8 times exclaiming "I fall on the glace!" every time. We made it home in one piece in time for lunch and a nap. Here is a photo of Margo napping, curled up in her bed clutching the new flashlight with Minou and his new bed and covers in bed with her. I think she liked her presents.
One thing's for sure. Christmas is pure magic when seen through a toddler's eyes. Thanks, Margo for that gift. I am terribly excited for the coming years as Maude joins you in this fantastic part of childhood.
- Donna
This entry was posted
on Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 10:00 p.m..
You can skip to the end and leave a response.
11:56 p.m.It is so much fun to hear about your findings Margo, on Christmas morning. Just think, that you will be doing that every Christmas day,because Santa love you.
You are really good to your little sister, unwrapping her gifts and writing her name etc.
I bet that was a real good day for you, and I love that picture of you sleeping with you flashlight and minou in his own bed. That picture will be a keeper for a long time. Love you, Grandmaman.
12:49 p.m.
You're right about that. Christmas is magical through the eyes of children. Why else would we do it? What a gift.
As soon as Tonton Adrian found out Margo was cocoa-ouffs about Hibous, he declared he wanted to make her an Obama Owl. Don't know how he'll do it yet but I'll admit I'm curious. I see Christmas through he's eyes. Love, Tati Julie
» Post a Comment