<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttps://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

The Cold War

My babies have colds.

Friday, apparently, seemed to be the worst of it, with Margo out of sorts, crawling around, moaning and crying to herself, no direction, occasionally batting a toy around and then moving on aimlessly. It must be said that I didn't experience this first hand; I was at work, pumping myself full of Cold-FX (which I think might actually work), so all the extra attention that Margo needed came from Donna, who was also sick. Can't be fun to care for others when all you want is to be in bed.

Anyway, today is Monday. The weekend has come and gone, and I'm thankful that this doesn't seem to be the type of cold that lingers for weeks. As far as we can tell, most of Margo's symptoms are gone; maybe a bit of a snuffly nose leftover.

So, there we go. Margo had a cough earlier this year, but I think that this is her first cold. Not all "firsts" are good firsts. Like colds. Or driving cars into rivers.

Still, we have a bit of a better idea of what to expect next time. A virtual waterfall of a runny nose. Out of sorts, even at the best of times. Exhaustion - she had been doing so well at standing up, but this past weekend, she would pull herself up, and then get this defeated look on her face, "what's the point," and tumble over, usually schmucking her face in the process. Twice nightly crying sessions where she seemed to still be asleep, but inconsolable. Reduced appetite.

...and, as always, a treat to be around.

- Michel
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:44 p.m. Anonymous Anonymous said…


Poor baby girl, those are the few bad days of your baby life.
And Donna, who took care of you?  
 



2:46 p.m. Blogger Tatij said…


Ahhhh! My poor babies. There's nothing worse than feeling under the weather than a little iddy biddy pompkins elf feeling miserable along with you. Here's a virtual "smoothes" and "cuddles' and "blanket tucking" around neck for all 3 of you. I will spare you the baby talk. Tati doesn't do "cute".    



2:48 p.m. Blogger Tatij said…


ps - I'm terrible at editing. That was suppose to be "smooches". Pompkins remains. I like the sound of it. Kinda british pompous like.    



2:48 p.m. Blogger Tatij said…


Hi Mom - I see you're on line too.    



3:14 p.m. Blogger Donna said…


I was wondering what the smoothes were for. I washoping it was a typo for Smoothies.

/.' Xzk xcvc

Margo says "Hi"    



» Post a Comment