<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttps://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

And the Beet Goes On

Donna makes all her own baby food. She's a pretty dedicated mother, went to the baby food-making workshop, taste-tested store-bought vs. homemade, learned the recipes... the whole nine yards.

(I don't understand how to use football sayings, so I hope that "nine yards" is a good thing.)

The baby food is pretty good, and if I ever get lockjaw and have to knock a tooth out and sip strained food through a straw, I would choose Donna's food over anyone else's everytime. One can only hope that I'll be that lucky some day.

Apples were well received. Pears. Squash. Yams... Margo was pretty big on yams. She didn't seem to be a big fan of green peas, but wolfs down avocado and kiwi. And she's okay when it comes to mixing the different foods.

And making our own baby food also answers a lot of timeless questions, like "are kiwi seeds digestable." Apparently, no, they're not. Thanks for asking.

And Donna's latest creation: Beets à la mode (where "à la mode" refers to "cut with pears.") She loved them! Right up there with sweet potatoes and bananas. But as any good Eastern European who has made their baba's secret family borscht recipe knows, cooking with beets turns the water red, turns your fingers red, turns the cutting board red. Probably explains why the Societ flag was red.

And as much as Margo loved the beets, I don't know how often she'll be experiencing them until she learns to control her flailing arms.


By the way, a friend... actually, the guy who passed on the very high chair that Margo uses, once mentioned that he never much cared for photos of babies with food smeared on their faces. I kind of agree, but I see this post more as a cautionary tale for those parents who make their own baby food and like to dress their children in white. Or people with lockjaw who also like to wear white. You hear that, gangsta rappers?! I'm talking to you.

- Michel
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »