<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttp://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

First Photographic Evidence of a Smile

See? We're not lying! (It's not gas!) Margo has now entered the realm of the smilers, and we have photographic evidence. I submit to you the first photo (but not the first smile!) of Margo:

Ah yes - today while changing her diaper, I called Michel over to snap a few pictures of her chubby legs . . I love them, and they had to be captured for posterity. We noticed she was smiling and we were able to capture one to share with all of you. Seriously man, it does melt the heart.

Margo has been a peach today, with minor fussing. We've been implementing some of your suggestions - one friend emailed me to suggest bum pats - this seems to be the major winner for Margo so far - laying her on her tummy across Michel's forearm, like a football, and firmly patting her bum - she seems to stay the quietest for the longest this way. Happily inhabiting Chateau Whatever-Works are we.

3 more sleeps until Grandma Monica arrives. Reinforcements are always good. I'm hoping to get the breastpump working during the two weeks she's here, and I may venture away from Margo for more than the time it takes to have a bath. I'm not super keen to get away from my baby, don't get me wrong, but definitely knowing that there's some breastmilk in the freezer should I decide I need some me time would be quite liberating, I think.

But for now, I am happily enjoying we time. Quel fromage, but I speak the truth.

I am not only eager to have my mom here for the parenting assistance - her visit will mark the first time she has been able to come and visit me. I have lived away from my mom and dad for 10 years now, through a four year degree in New Brunswick, a two year degree in British Columbia, and the last four years in Ottawa. I've returned home for some summers, many visits, 8 of 10 Christmases, but this will be the first time my mom has been able to come and visit me and see how I live. Guess a grandchild is the ultimate carrot, hey mom? ;P (that's me sticking my tongue out at you, and winking - not sure my mom speaks cybertalk) Anyhoo - it will be lovely to have her here. She is of course looking forward to holding Margo, baking pies, and also homemade buns. I am looking forward to seeing her meet her granddaughter, eating my mom's pies and buns, and sneaking in some of my own weird food onto her plate. All part of the plan, mother dear - we're doing Thanksgiving Dinner my way this year. I'm sure she's a bit worried as the things I cook evoke many "yucks" on her end when she asks what I'm having for dinner. I need to show her that couscous isn't frightening, and that it's ok to have ginger in the cranberry sauce to increase the zing. Menu planning begins tomorrow.

It's 10:23, and I'm wiped. Time for bed. Margo is asleep and the last time I saw Michel he was sitting at the top of the stairs with a small pad of graph paper making sketches. Not sure what home improvements he has planned but I'm sure it will be both useful and made from garbage or other salvaged materials. He's a resourceful one, that husband of mine. G'night!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12:54 a.m. Blogger Tatij said…


Oh, sure. I suppose Margo is going to have to grow really long hair in order for her prince charming to rescue her.

You guys are amazing. You still have energy left after raising a little crumb crusher (or at her rate, a full loaf self-raising sourdough), to build something for the Architectural Digest and Martha Stewart's Living recipe cover. I think if it were me, I know I'd be taking alot of naps.

Enjoy your time with Momdeville. Aren't you going there for christmas too? Well, perhaps that's mom's master plan. Get the baby to know her real well so that by the time she gets to Saskatchewan, the two will have bonded like bums in a drunk tank and no one else will be able to hold LaDouce without her screaming in full out military fashion until Grandmere picks her up again. Mothers are sneaky like that, you know. But then so are Aunties. All 5 of them.

Donna - stop talking about your baby's chubby legs. Don't you know Adrian adores babies with tripple chins? Oh...my...gosh...he'll kidnap her I'm certain of it. She's too darn cute. Am I saying that too often?    



9:29 a.m. Blogger blue betty said…


Oh my goodness. I can't handle the cuteness of it all! My mother is still talking about her (of course). My Mum and Dad thorougly enjoyed their audience, as did I : )

Incidentally, a very funny conversation ensued this morning when one of my coworkers brought in pictures of her cute 2 year old in a chef outfit and I was discussing Margo and how cute she is and then someone said - that's it! We should all go home and make babies!

You don't hear that every day of the week around the water cooler. !!    



» Post a Comment