<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33102987?origin\x3dhttps://lesanndeville.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sick Day...

(originally posted on August 3, 2006)

I tried to be at work today, really I did! I travelled there, and was actually in the office for two whole hours until I gave up and came home. I COULD NOT stop sweating, and was feeling dizzy. I couldn't focus and was unable to read anything. Travelling back home was better - it's actually quite fresh outside. A nearly 2 hour nap also helped, I think.

I have almost finished up all the things I had written down to do before starting my leave, so that's good. Next week at work shouldn't be too taxing.

We had the tour of the Montfort Hospital, where Margo will be born. It wasn't much of a tour, considering it was 'virtual' and was done via a slideshow. Still, it was nice to see the birthing rooms and note the whirlpool tub in each one, for use during labour. That's a nice feature. I wonder if that's standard? Anyone know?

The weather this week has been ridiculous. Monday it was 48C with the humidity. I have never felt anything like that before. Pure oven-ness. We had to be at the hospital at 8 pm for the tour, so I convinced Michel that travelling home and back in the heat was not a good idea. In the end we met for some delicious Indian food and caught a cab to the hospital. We were a bit early, but I didn't care 'cause at least it was cool! And after the scary (too fast, talking on cell phone, not using air conditioner - DUDE! It's 48C!!!) cab ride, I was glad to just sit and gather my thoughts before the seminar began. It was weird - we definitely were not the only couple in there who are with midwives, but the whole talk was really geared towards people who are with doctors, with a few minor barbs thrown in regarding midwifery care. I guess that's to be expected, the two worlds don't always see eye to eye, but it would be nice if that wasn't the case.

So Margo is due in less than a month, I can officially say! I am starting to wonder what she looks like? Will she look like me, or bébé Michel? (I can't scan his photo but I've included one of me he jazze
d up into black and white on photo shop). Damn I'm cute - I don't know how old I am in this photo but am not sitting up by myself so not very old. Michel too was a very cute baby so Margo has good odds. . . :)



We got a rocking chair yesterday from usedottawa - it's kinda ugly but kinda cute in its ugliness . . It's posted in our room and glides very smoothly. Price was right - at 25$ one can't argue (and they delivered it to us!). Looking forward to rocking the babe.

It's 1:37 and I haven't had lunch yet so I better go and do that.


Hugs to all,
xoxo
Donna
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment