Let the Countdown Begin. . .

(originally posted July 23, 2006)
6 weeks until Baby Margo is due to enter this fine world. I wanted to throw up a test post to see how this typepad thing works - I'm new at this so will be trial and error until I figure it out. Since this is the most recent picture we have of our little girl, I thought it might be a good idea to start with this image.
It's been a hot summer so far . . . cooling off today and perhaps some rain - - I hate being so selfish but rain would seem very welcome at this point -a little chill in the air would be wonderful but I guess that's pushing it being that it's July in Ottawa.
I made 3 kinds of raspberry-based Jam this weekend - taking advantage of the somewhat cooler weather - I think they all turned out, which is good. Nothing like slop in jars, which is how my strawberry jam turned out last summer. Skipped it entirely this year in favour of raspberry, since that's really my favourite anyhow. Even tried a no-sugar recipe for Mom. Will save it for when she comes to visit - likely October 3-17, about a month after baby is due to arrive.
So back to Margo and this pregnancy . . .so much to write. . .where to begin? I guess I should have started this a while back, as a way of recording all that I've been going through with the pregnancy. To defend myself, I have been keeping a written journal with a few entries, so not all negligent or anything. AND, her baby book already has some information recorded, which is more than I can say for mine. That's what you get when you are child number 3, right, Mom? To be fair, when I came along I made two kids under two, and when I hear about how Mom used cloth diapers, (without a fancy washing machine like we have now, I'm told), and ironed each and every one of those things (she heard that ironing would kill germs but in those days Mom ironed everything), I can see why my baby book may have been neglected. So no hard feelings!
Michel is making supper tonight, and for that I'm grateful. The chili is in the crockpot as I sit here typing. I've got a good one, that's for certain.
Last weekend I was surprised with a second baby shower for Margo. My friend Kelly managed to pull one off without me knowing when it was going to be. I'm not one for surprises, but she actually had me fooled. Michel even played along, taking me out for a milkshake Sunday afternoon (to cool down, who was I to argue), then feigning extreme fatigue to get me to drink up and get home. It was very nice (if a bit hot!) to have all my girlfriends over to celebrate Margo's soon to be arrival . . .and she was spoiled with some very nice and unique gifts, including some one of a kind handmade items . . love it.
I have 13(!) days left at work and couldn't be happier about that. I'll have more time to write here once work is done . . until then I'll be sure and stop in and let you all know how we're doing, and will post some recent pictures of how BIG I'm getting!!
More soon . . .
« Home
» Post a Comment